School Improvement & Instructional Support Services
Our Role in School Improvement
The overall goal of our instructional services department is to develop a strong and collaborative partnership with our component school districts so that together we can better enhance student success and achievement.
We coordinate our support efforts with the specific needs identified by our districts to advance student achievement, align curriculum, provide professional development, meet requirements of state and federal law, and provide leadership in the development and coordination of continuous improvement planning.
Grant ESD Instructional Support Services:
- Analysis, interpretation, evaluation and application of student achievement data
- Professional Development
- Prepare parents and students for the increased expectations that the CCSS brings.
- Implementing federal and state requirements and policies
- Curriculum adoption, alignment, and standards integration
- Leadership Performance Coaching
- PLC/Data Team facilitation and development
- Grant writing and administration
- Continuous Improvement planning
What are Common Core State Standards (CCSS)?
Adopted by over 45 states in the U.S., the Common Core State Standards are a set of shared K-12 learning expectations for students. Academic Content Standards identify what Oregon students are expected to know and be able to do in the content areas of English Language Arts and Mathematics. These standards are one way to ensure that all Oregon students will have the opportunity to meet the rigorous demands of the 21st Century.
Mathematics and English Language Arts Common Core State Standards (CCSS) resources and instructional tools are contained in the link below: